Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Wait

I don't understand...

After listening to hours of me snoring, tossing, turning, and rustling my blankets, I have failed to capture the very essence of this entire blog on my new recorder...

I think my sleep-talking disorder is "recorder-shy." The fact that I'm consciously trying to capture my somniloquy and setting up this recorder every night before snoozing, I think, is preventing this natural process to occur. I also don't think it helps that I purposely turn and face the recorder in hopes to verbalize louder and clearer into the mic, which can be uncomfortable. I've also tested out both the long-recording option as well as the automatic voice recording (AVR) mode and neither have succeeded in picking up any useful sounds.
To top it off, my method of exhausting myself into sleep-talking mode has back-fired and I've upped my cups of coffee from 0 to 2 during the workday. I never used to drink coffee!!! (Although, my smiling-rate and hyperness has increased exponentially...)

I did notice one thing that is worth noting...

.........................I chuckle in my sleep.......................

It's brief and sounds something like, "heh heh." Although it doesn't happen every night, it's happened a few nights so far and it's clearly not a sigh or cough. Last night, my short-lived chortle was somewhat smug. Like I was a power-hungry, obnoxious, self-centered responding to a commoner, who mustered up enough courage to ask for a second bowl of gruel.

Does this count as sleep-talking???????

hm...

I'll keep trying my methods and hope to have some fun recordings to share with you soon. In the meantime, I'm completely open to suggestions you have or any logs of your sleep-talking escapades!

No comments:

Post a Comment